In the context of the deep mutations that are affecting the media landscape, the project « The transformation of the relationship with information in multimedia communication » funded by the French-speaking Community of Belgium (Action de Recherche Concertée) studies the impact of the information and communication technologies (ICT), specifically of the Internet, on the communication of information and its structures.
To get onto this broad subject, this multidisciplinary ARC is composed of six specific researches pursued by PhD or post doctoral students, working in close collaboration.
Each of the subprojects corresponds to a particular discipline :
- The new structures of communication (Sociology)
- The production practices of information (Ethnology)
- The modification of informational content (Communication)
- Language use and online press (Linguistics)
- The individualised reception (Psychology)
This project is a collective endeavour by researchers coming from the Facultés universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix de Namur (FUNDP) and from the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL). They are under the supervision of a team of scientists from both universities. The spokesperson of the project is Benoît Grevisse.